Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The opening of Simple Attractions!

Hello people of the internet world! This site was created to share with you the cultures and events in New York City. From museums to art galleries to food, all that I have experienced will be uploaded into this blog of mine. :) I hope you enjoy the diversity of the cultures found in this amazing city!






So this is Belgian Fries found at Pommes Frites in St. Marks Place - kinda close to Union Square. This neighborhood is full of college kids from NYC, Cooper Union, and etc. It's a great hangout place with great food! The great thing about Pommes Frites is not only its awesome fries, but the assortment of sauces you can get. Their menu has dozens of listings that are bound to meet your taste buds. ;) They range from wild mushroom sauce, rosemary garlic mayo sauce, smoked eggplant sauce, and so much more! The portions are great too!! The trouble is that it is located in a very small place. Though it has tables in the back, there are hardly any room to sit. However, who wants to sit when you can hold your yummy fries in your hands and explore downtown Manhattan?! You can always find seats outside as well due to other vendors. Enjoy~

Next stop, Yogurt Station!! So, we all heard of Pinkberry, Red Mango, and some of you New Yorkers even heard of 16 handles. The amazing thing about Yogurt Station though is not only its numerous flavors of frozen yogurt and toppings, but the price! It is weighed very cheaply, so you can buy a huge portion for less money than the other frozen yogurt chains!





So this one was about 7-8 dollars. However, there were all sorts of fro-yos: red-velvet cake (never tried it before so that was a must!), banana, cake batter, green margaritas, and vanilla. The topping looks massive doesn't it? It was a lot of STUFF lemme tell ya. But totally worth your 7-8 dollars I would say.

So to move on to the Limelight marketplace! :D
So I was really, REALLY looking forward to go to this mall for MONTHS. I was so happy to finally enter this church renovated into a mall:

The decor was really chique and fun:

When I last went, there were three floors of food, chocolate, candy, make-ups, beauty shops, boutiques, soap shops, etc. Many different varieties for a lady like me to enjoy. ;)
THE DESSERTS WERE HEAVENLY BY THE WAY. It was the first time I tried gelatos, and I have to say, they do have a place in my heart.<3
Though these were sort of expensive, just LOOK at them and you cannot resist them. *drool It is truly one of those things you must try when you are in the city.

Candy! Assortments of candy always make me happy no matter where I am -^^-

So I say adieu for now, but come join me on my adventures in Manhattan by reading my blog! We can enjoy them together. ^^

~Simplyme

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home