Thursday, June 10, 2010

Menu for Today: More food!

Konnichiwa~
So while I am at work, I am writing on my blog. -__-;;; I hope I don't get fired. LOL
So I decided to upload the pictures that I took when I went to "Cha An," a Japanese restaurant in lower east side - around St. Mark's place and Union Square. For you guys who already know your way around New York City, its a couple of restaurants down from St. Mark's Bookshop. So a bunch of friends and I stopped by this Japanese restaurant because we heard that the desserts were amazing~! And they were:

So this is the black sesame creme brulee - it was the reason we wanted to stop by here. People said that this dessert was the one we should totally try, and they weren't kidding! This dessert was amazing!!!!!!! So the black sesame creme brulee is on the right, and it was sweet and tasty. The black sesame taste really complemented the creamy portion of the dessert. It also came in a stack of flaky crackers!



The sakura flan: Oh so yummy. Hands down. So I am a fan of gooey, jiggling desserts, so I was extremely satisfied with this dessert. The dessert tasted like green tea, and it was also decorated with a sakura flower (kawaii des!) and red bean paste (yum^^). It wasn't TOO sweet, so people who love to eat desserts that are not like a pixie stick explosion in your mouth, this is the dessert for you. ;)


Bad picture I know. >_<;; So this was the ice cream dessert with a HUGE wafer cracker sticking out the top. The design is very creative and the taste was pleasant, but compared to the very distinct, eastern desserts, it was plain. It also looks like something I am not going to mention...>.> talk about subliminal mesages... ahahaa




We had to try the tea as well! This was a non-sweet beverage that I cannot remember. Sorry!! >__< But it was still good.




I think these were macarons. They are also tasty, but they were plain. It wasn't that fancy and mind-blowing like the other desserts.

Overall, Cha-An is a great Japanese place to stop by for some awesome desserts! It was a cool experience I would say. ;D

If you love food like I do, I know you would want to go here after a night in the city. It is located in a quaint (sp?) building on the 2nd flr, so remember not to pass by it (because we did xD).

As tigger would say, "Ta, ta, for now!"

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At June 15, 2010 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Aya said...

OH MAN, everything looks so tasty. And sophisticated! Man, this must've cost a pretty penny?
But I like the look of that flan. Mmmmmmmmmmm, flan . . .

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home